AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soil sterilant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE Soil Builder
Posted 4/21/2024 11:25 (#10714526 - in reply to #10713411)
Subject: RE: Soil sterilant

nebraska

gemarsh - 4/20/2024 12:16 That would be great. But it's 10 towers away from the closest road and have to cross a creek. ETA... back in the day, the concrete truck got stuck coming and going to pour the pivot pad.

Copper sulfate is a commonly used compound in the agricultural industry. It is mainly used to prevent and control bacterial diseases. Copper sulfate works by killing bacteria that feed on plant tissue. In other words, this "fungicide" doesn't care if it kills good bacteria, and mycorrhiza, it's main job is to kill bacteria, period. Fungicides kill the check and balance of  plant diseases, and it keeps on killing in the soil for days. so if you put enough on a spot to "sterilize" that area, make sure you want to do that. because it will work very well. i will not give you a rate because if something goes wrong, say it rains, and it runs into some dirt that you need, you will be mad to say the least. 
Chemical companies  make a lot of money selling it. It is very low cost to make, yet they sell it to farmers for $20-30 per acre, per trip. Ask yourself this...if you could build up the soil life, and not hafta use fungicides, wouldn't you save $80.00 to 120 per acre, per growing season? Most producers are giving guys like me a hard time...wanting proof, seeing labels, etc. But as i said before jut do some searching of what I have been saying forever....build up the soil. change the dirt back to soil. Use humic acid, Soil testing, (the right ones) and start saving your money!  That is why I always say, build dirt back to soil. It is like survival of the fittest. These days, most producers don't want to build up the soil, because of people saying it doesn't work.  But I assure you that it does work. No, I will not show you labels, or proof, because most just chatisise my words.  if you want proof, do the research like I have. And, I hafta say that i am not being rude like i have been accused of before. I'm just sayin the facts. when I suggest things here, all I am trying to do is give information to those who want it. If anyone does not want the information, just pass on by. i do not need you to tell me how dumb I am. I use common sense and follow nature. i do not FIGHT her. She will always win. It may take a bit but she does. Why did Monsanto keep upgrading Roundup? I will tell anyone (in an email) what our products do, and what they cost. But I will not argue with the likes of guys from Kansas, and North Dakota because they know way more than me. That's fine too. I glad they do. But our "stuff" can reduce fertilizer rates up to 50% the first season.  Remember, email me or pass on by. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)