AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Most aggressive chiesel points/sweeps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 4/21/2024 10:37 (#10714467)
Subject: Most aggressive chiesel points/sweeps

When cows come off wheat I’d like to tear up some wheat ground, just have one field going to grain and I’m going to bale the straw. It’s mostly deep sand besides one place that’s clay loam.
We usually get some big rains early June (up to 4”) and I want it all to soak in. Also need to stir in the trash and manure so it gets broke down.
I have enough HP to pull sweeps 6-7” deep. But I need new sweeps. What’s your favorite? I’ll make a finish pass before planting wheat in October so it can be rough this pass and probably needs to be so it doesn’t blow.

Anyone ever run like chiesel point up front, then duck feet, then sweeps on back row to get all the weeds? I’ll probably have a few sand burrs up by then and maybe a few summer weeds, but fields are pretty clean in general.
We’ve had enough rain the fields shouldn’t be hard.
I don’t have time to mold board everything so I’m just gonna do one place my grandma owns that has had a winter grass issue and some hog potatoes in the summer.

In the past I’ve pulled 12” sweeps deep or I do have a plow with 4” sweeps on it. But thought I may try something new.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)