AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4th GenerationFarmer
Posted 4/19/2024 12:38 (#10712764 - in reply to #10712603)
Subject: RE: Liquid fertilizer

NWC Ohio
If you ask the AgTalk crowd, no.
If you ask the Universities, no
If you ask your agronomist, no.
If you ask you soil, it can’t reply unless you try it.
I along with thousands of others spread over the last 65+ years and in over half the states in the the US and some provinces in Canada are still proving that it can be done successfully and profitably. Edit: from a p-k micro standpoint. N is a bit different.

Edit to add clarity: After re-reading your question I need to modify a bit. If your trying to put on all your N, P, K in liquid form with the planter than no don’t know of many doing this. For corn (and wheat) additional nitrogen outside the liquid N-p-k blend that goes in furrow in a program is the biggest difference for everyone. Yes I know a few that run all the N on with planter with all p,k, and micros as well. It does require two fertilizer systems to do this. However this isn’t the norm. Additional N is sourced and applied in many different ways and forms. Soybeans however all liquid through single planter system and single pass.
FWIW I knew of someone who was putting all his N-p-k on dry through planter, but im pretty sure he quit that a few years ago.

Edited by 4th GenerationFarmer 4/19/2024 17:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)