AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Green Lightning "water"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Douglass ks
Posted 4/18/2024 21:27 (#10712090 - in reply to #10710941)
Subject: RE: Green Lightning "water"

Douglass Kansas

Because of the massive improvement in nitrogen uptake efficiency, overall nitrogen use can be reduced from 50% to 90%. 

So I can now apply 10% to 50% as much nitrogen and get the same yields. A bushel of corn has about 0.9lb of n in it, it has to come from somewhere.

•1,300,000 gallon per year system

20 ft storage container insulated, heated,

ventilated, plumbed, and ready to connect to your tanks.

•150 gallons an hour.

The equivalent production of 23 6-head units.

$850,000 delivered and installed.

Annual volume is good for approximately:

13,000 acres of corn

19,500 acres of wheat

Energy requirements: 22,000 kWh

So I can produce the nitrogen needed for an acre of corn for less than $0.20 worth of electricity. Converting N2 to nitrate takes large amounts of energy, so they must have made a big breakthrough. What is the patent number for this new process?

Q. Does your product have leaching issues like our traditional nitrogen?

A. No, our product has zero negative impact to soil or waterways.

Nitrate is the form of nitrogen that leaches and causes all of the negative impacts to water quality. In there video they claim to take N2 and make it into nitrate. So you would be applying the form of N that plants use but also the form of N that causes the water quality issues. So I find the above statement to be a complete lie.

About half of there benefits page is about telling us how bad are current fertilizers are, (this reminds me how organic tells us that conventional is bad) I would think that they would talk about how cheap it will be for us to make our own N. Instead it focus on how our current system is bad.

Edited by Douglass ks 4/18/2024 22:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)