AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tile in right of way
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron (Cen. IL.)
Posted 4/18/2024 18:57 (#10711876 - in reply to #10711806)
Subject: RE: Tile in right of way

Central Illinois

New culvert was installed on the state highway by my house last November, water was boiling out of the ground in early February.

I furnished the pump, hoses, gas and time to get the water low enough for them to bore a new line under the highway. I don't know if the state paid for the work or if it was the company that installed the culvert.

I used a 1.5 inch discharge hose and figured 5000 gal/hour, lost track at 600,000 gallons. (2 inch discharge pump rated at 158 gal/minute, 1.5 discharge 90 gal/minute, 5400 gal/hour ?)

I started pumping February 8th, they bored the new line in on the last Saturday in February, pumped every day except 2, one was snowing, the other the high for the day was around 20 (IIRC).

Ran it 30 hours straight the first day, ran it for 39 hours straight at reduced throttle right before they came to fix it. Still had to pump water during boring and had to pump water from the hole on the other side the next week until they came back to finish the dig and connect to the existing tile. They worked all day Saturday and from approx. 3 P.M. till 7-8 P.M. every day, I imagine it was all overtime pay, think they finished on Thursday.

No mention of reimbursement for my expenses but it was in my best interest to get it fixed, field was dry enough to put on anhydrous on Sunday and Monday after the new bore.

Edit: 8 inch tile on my side, new pipe was 10 inch and connected to 10 inch tile on other side.

Edited by Ron (Cen. IL.) 4/18/2024 19:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)