AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

going rate for potential pipeline on your land
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 4/18/2024 07:59 (#10711120 - in reply to #10710313)
Subject: RE: going rate for potential pipeline on your land

northeastern Ohio
In 2016, they were offering $11 per foot as the initial offer. Final offer after negotiation was $160/ft.

Current price in my area: The companies are offering $150/ft. as the initial offer. I won't let them in for any price.

They can go around and I am encouraging them to go around. I was forced to sell an easement for the last pipeline. My farm will never be the same. During construction, the damage was not contained to the easement and temporary construction areas.
Water was re-directed onto my good ground and caused major flooding and erosion. They buried the topsoil and put shale on top. I had them come back twice to do "remediation" after their worthless first attempt. Since crops grow poorly there, I now have erosion issues. I can't build anything in the ROW nor would I want to build anything within 1000 feet of it.

Here is a pic from a neighbor's farm when a gas line over pressurized and blew. Melted the siding on their house and killed several cows when they were scared by the explosion. The house was 800 feet from the rupture. Lucky no one was killed.

(pipelinefire (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pipelinefire (full).jpg (54KB - 36 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)