AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tillage after roundup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 4/17/2024 09:27 (#10709898 - in reply to #10709013)
Subject: RE: Tillage after roundup

nw NC
Here is some info from https://fieldcropnews.com/2011/08/how-does-tillage-affect-glyphosate...

If I spray glyphosate first, how long should I wait to work the ground?

Answer: For small annual plants, all glyphosate labels specify to wait 1 day between application and tillage. As annual plants get bigger, it would be prudent to increase that time to 3 days. The photo below shows the control of volunteer wheat 10 days after glyphosate had been applied 3 days prior to tillage.

How long must you wait to till a field after applying glyphosate for other weed species?

Answer: It depends on the targeted plant and its stage of growth. Most glyphosate labels state 7 days for the majority of perennial weeds (using the “when in doubt” strategy I assume) otherwise there are weed and stage specific guidelines:

1 day or more: annual weeds
3 or more days: dandelion (small), quackgrass (twitch grass)
5 or more days: Canada thistle (bud stage), alfalfa,
7 or more days: dandelion (large), Field bindweed, milkweed, toadflax,
10 or more days: Canada thistle (rosette stage)

All the above is from several years ago. I looked through label on some generic glyphosate I bought last week. I found no mention of time restraint in label for tillage after spraying. Things must have changed from years ago.

Edit.... I looked at label again and did see three or four perennial weeds listed that had some days waiting period before tillage. Certainly not "majority " as stated in info from several years ago.

Edited by WJKEIGER 4/17/2024 14:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)