AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

15" Soybeans with Tramlines for Sprayer Tracks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Forty2366
Posted 4/8/2024 12:42 (#10699228 - in reply to #10698935)
Subject: RE: 15" Soybeans with Tramlines for Sprayer Tracks

Mercer County, Ohio on the Indiana line
We’re doing exactly this. Made our 23 row a 24 row though. 23 row you’ll overlap the sprayer 15” every pass. I set up AB lines in rtk for every field on the sprayer pass. So pass 1 is sprayer track. Then 4,7,10,13,16,19,22 etc. . Just have a little sheet of paper in the cab laying on the arm rest with those numbers written down.

We’re chain drive so just run normal population on the 30” skips. I don’t notice any more weed pressure in the tramlines than anywhere else. Guy running the switch/planter has to keep track of lines pretty close to make sure it gets turned on and off. My brother always has a distraction with him being a kid or phone calls and doesn’t do a perfect job with it, and neither do I. Dad stresses over having them perfect and rarely forgets more than a few feet. . Some tramlines are on the wrong rows or not there at all or left on an extra pass after turning. It’s not perfect but it works. I’ve seen a guy put boundaries in for his tram lines before. Would be a tedious process on SMS software to make happen though.

By going with 24 rows we ended up with an offset and have to switch off alternating rows. On my manual toggle switch in the cab I labeled it

east/north
off
south/west

Depending on direction of the tractor the switch is flipped the same way every single year on that particular line and keeps the sprayer from bouncing 30” left to right each year since we’re trying to do controlled traffic tramlines where even in corn the sprayer follows that same track.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)