AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using nematodes for rootworm control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE Soil Builder
Posted 4/6/2024 21:18 (#10696907 - in reply to #10696101)
Subject: RE: Anyone using nematodes for rootworm control

nebraska
BillNNY - 4/6/2024 10:24

Originally Nematoads were developed to control alfalfa snout beetles. During the testing phase, Sheilds was watching populations of Nematoads during crop rotation. During the corn crop seasons, they found the nematoads populations increasing. So the development of nematodes for alfalfa gave us a side benefit of having a predator for rootworm lavre.
Here, I have applied Nematoads to most of my ground that grows corn and alfalfa.
I am still apply to fields that grow corn and mostly grass.
I treat approx 200 acres a year. Once treated, the nematodes should be self sustaining.
Bill

Until they are too good at self sustaining. You get them out of balance, and it’ll turn soil back to dirt. God made the world for it to be balanced in every way. So, go drink one can of beer a day, or, go drink 3 cases a day, and tell us which is better. We cannot forget that this world should run on a balance. EVERYTHING in moderation, right? You’re doing some good things, but put that horse in the barn for awhile. Get some carbon, soil bacteria and mycorrhiza in your program and take soil tests, and take the progress. And you can reduce fertilizer usage by 25-50% the first year the dirt is changed back to soil. Baby steps. Get some PLFA tests, and keep an eye on nematode “planting” and you just might be fine. Good luck to ya, and if you’d like some products, I’ll show you the right direction. Thx
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)