AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Black Max 22 on Wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Phil N
Posted 4/3/2024 08:54 (#10691828 - in reply to #10691574)
Subject: RE: Black Max 22 on Wheat

I haven't looked at that specific product, but we have looked at many carbon, humic and fulvic products within replicated wheat management trials for as many years as they have been available on the market. We have found it's very rare to ever see a statistical yield difference, even at 2X or 4X published rates (to try and see if performance was rate specific).

Percentage wheat leaf injury (side by side with/without the carbon/humic/fulvic products), was always similar, using the same application methods and application rates in our trials. Therefore, I don't think there is ANY justification to use them to reduce wheat leaf injury, especially NOT if they are $10.00 per acre. If you are using stream bars to apply the liquid N (and S?) vertically, then they will always provide the least % of leaf injury of all liquid N (and S) application methods we have evaluated for 30+ years.

If anyone has any solid independent (replicated) yield data which shows a carbon, humic or fulvic product actually working (statistically significant), I would like to see it and research that/those products here.

Edited by Phil N 4/3/2024 09:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)