AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shed overhead door
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 1/5/2024 20:07 (#10559488 - in reply to #10559261)
Subject: RE: Shed overhead door

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

I only have manual chain drive openers, on a 12'x12' and 15'4" x 12' tall overhead doors.

I choose to install, on both doors, these bumper springs, because I once pulled "too quickly" to lower one door (on chain drive's chain), and it loosen the door's cables, and they jumped off drum pulleys and I ruined both cables (had hardware store make new ones)

I learned, if you use the chain drive, to lower, it is best to go slow, BUT I put on new "pull-down ropes" and I first pull the the first door section (with rope), down to vertical, then use chain drive.

I ordered these overhead door "bumper springs", and this will assist "pushing the door from the horizontal position to vertical" {first few inches , or so} and it keeps those drum cables tight, right at the beginning, when you want the door to travel downward. I would want these "bumper springs" even with an electric jackshaft opener.

Edit: they make longer bumper springs, thus a person might want the longer design, for use with electric jackshaft opener.

pictures:

Edited by 4WD 1/5/2024 20:10

(manual chain drive for shaft (full).jpg)

(overhead door bumper springs (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments manual chain drive for shaft (full).jpg (54KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments overhead door bumper springs (full).jpg (42KB - 47 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)