AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Peterbilt Service manual for 379's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J.L.
Posted 1/9/2021 11:53 (#8736689 - in reply to #8735697)
Subject: RE: Peterbilt Service manual for 379's

Iowa
I bought a custom maint. manual for ours probably 8 years ago through our dealer for ours that was built in 95.

They are supposed to be vin. specific. This one has the vin. number printed on the front page. It does having wiring diagrams however I found the ones in this manual to be for a newer truck even though it's supposed to be vin. specific. There is a lot of good info in them but they are not even close to service manual from say cat. Lots of diagrams how things are put together but really very little for troubleshooting. It has the correct manuals included for the trans. and rears but no engine manual.

The dealer would not sell me a parts manual so I found a place online. These are vin specific also and have a parts list but no diagrams/exploded views. Might try him and see if he can get you what you want.

After finding out the wiring diagrams were incorrect in the above manual- I was able to find the correct ones on ebay.

First picture is of the tabs in the maint. manual and the second is of the parts manual with the website I got it from.

(peterbilt maint. manual (full).jpg)

(peterbilt parts book (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments peterbilt maint. manual (full).jpg (289KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments peterbilt parts book (full).jpg (84KB - 8 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)