AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apache Sprayer Transmission
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

showboat
Posted 1/8/2021 21:31 (#8735243)
Subject: Apache Sprayer Transmission

Son has an Apache Sprayer about 11 years old. Transmission went out. It is some sort of a 6 speed power shift transmission. Some shops call it a JCB (I might have that wrong, but it's close) transmission, and some shops call it a Funk transmission. The tag on it says International Transmissions, Limited.

So hardly anyone wants to work on or rebuild this transmission. Must be imported, and parts seem to be non-existant, or unavailable we're told. Apache dealer about 60 miles away is a large farming operation without a lot of service capability. They have several similar units. They don't repair these transmissions......they install new ones and keep going. Retail on this is about $18k, which is a little pricey for my son's budget......(or would be for MINE, too.).

Anyone dealt with a similar situation? Are there places that work on these units? Are they obsolete? Are there aftermarket replacements? Are parts available somewhere? Would hate to be forced to buy a new sprayer over a transmission issue.

Son finally took the tranny to an independant, but well known/high volume transmission shop in "the city" today. They'll open is up Monday and look it over. Thought they could fix it IF they could find parts.......I can post lots of numbers, if anyone would find that helpful.

Any help appreciated. showboat

Edited by showboat 1/8/2021 21:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)