AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best LED flashlight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 1/2/2021 09:03 (#8715775 - in reply to #8715626)
Subject: RE: Best LED flashlight

East of Broken Bow
I just know that if I buy a $70 I will lose it within 2 days, so I've more or less resigned myself, to buying a 'decent for a cheap price' flashlight, and I have several, because they kept disappearing.
Best for the price seems to be about anything in the NEBO brand. Go much cheaper, and they aren't reliable. To get much better, you have to pay more. Like any brand, they have better and worse ones, but overall, they have been about as good as I have found for the price, while still being reliable, and reasonably compact. I do like their rechargeable ones with the little built in USB port. Bought a few of them over the years. My favorite flashilight right now is a little NEBO, that you click once for low, again for med, and hold the button for about a half second for high. After its on 10 or more seconds, next click is off. I have come to hate flashlights with a dozen modes, that seem to always be in the wrong one. Like getting a flat tire, hitting the button, and getting a high powered strobe. This one, is just a light, and I like that.
Fenix is a step above Nebo, in both price and quality. A little pricier, but also just a little brighter (for the size) and seems just a little better built.
The one I always take with me, is a Nitecore TIP. Smaller than a key fob, and bright enough to be useful. Not an awful lot of light, and not that great of battery life, but small enough I can always have it on me.
I also have become a fan of the MagLite AA Mini Mag LED lights. They aren't the brightest, and definitely not the most compact, but USA made, they are reliable, and cheap enough to give to the kids (I can't prove it, but I think the kids borrow my lights, and don't put them back, so they now each have their own $8 Mini Mag, instead of my $25 NEBO. This thought was reinforced when we found 2 or 3 of my old flashlights under the kids' beds last time we cleaned under there). The Mag AAA Solitaire is not too bad for as small as it is, either, in LED, but WAY too easy for the kids to lose (Remember, I'm blaming them, I'm not saying they actually are the ones that lose them all, lol.)

Someday, I really would like to get one super bright, compact, reliable LED light, maybe when the kids get a little older. Right now, I literally have over a dozen flashlights SOMEWHERE, but can only find a couple of them, maybe 4 or 5 if I had a little time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)