AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buhler versatile 4wd
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

wheat fallow
Posted 12/30/2020 23:13 (#8709988 - in reply to #8707217)
Subject: RE: Buhler versatile 4wd

west Nebraska northeast Colorado
I bought a 2360 specifically to run my air seeder, but the hydraulic requirements aren't huge-about 15 gpm to run the fan and 1 gpm to run the meters, plus whatever it takes to lift/lower the openers. It does just fine, but the flow adjustments are a bit imprecise. I would not count on a 2360 having 50 GPM from the implement pump, the Nebraska tractor test stated it did not meet the advertised flow. Before I bought my tractor the dealer flow rated it and I believe we got 45 gpm or so. Also, if you are going to run an air seeder with active down pressure you may have to get a bit "creative" to make it work properly, as the flow control won't go to sub 1 gpm rates and the pump may want to stay in high pressure standby. You may have to set the down pressure system to be open center or add a pressure compensated bypass valve to the system, I don't have first hand experience with this but am sure someone has done it. If the hydraulics will work for you, I don't think there is anything else out there that is as good as a Versatile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)