AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 with half ton PU
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/29/2020 16:32 (#8706267 - in reply to #8706052)
Subject: RE: NH3 with half ton PU

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I pull 1500 gallon NH3 tanks both full and empty with my 1/2 ton Silverado 4WD. I use a receiver hitch. It has a rubber cushion and also the ability to release the hitch which allows it to extend and swing sideways somewhat. This helps a lot when there is need to hook up alone. Like many things a little common sense and caution goes a long way. I don't drive very fast as there is really no need to as I'm able to make a round trip before the applicator needs the next tank.

A couple of years ago there was some question about the need to have the pickup inspected. Some got theirs inspected but then the law was changed that it wasn't even necessary to have a larger truck inspected if it was for your own use. Obviously one should keep the towing rig in good condition.

There used to be a "big" time fertilizer dealer in the area who delivered tanks with his Cadillac car. It was said his was the only Caddy with a spring loaded hitch. Of course back in those days, the Caddy was probably as heavy as today's half ton pickups.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)