AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 9650 combine fuel tank problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BRIAN
Posted 12/21/2020 20:21 (#8688024)
Subject: JD 9650 combine fuel tank problem

Graymont Illinois
Several years ago someone left the fuel cap off for a day of combining. Seems like we went several years with no problem.
The last 3 years we have had the combine die or nearly die most of harvest. Had to blow compressed air from hose at sediment bowl to get going again.
Last winter I drained the fuel tank and removed and cleaned the plugged tank screen. A bunch of black crud came out with fitting/tank screen.
Rinsed the empty tank and never found much more crud coming out. Thought I had fixed problem.
This year we again had to blow air in fuel line multiple times this fall. Finally drained tank and cleaned plugged screen again. This was with only a few days of harvest left. Now I have drained and cleaned a not too bad screen. My plan is to completely fill tank with fuel and biocide, even tho I have not used biofuel in years. Drain fuel from tank drain (not) screen plug/drain, into a 55 gallon transfer tank with filter then pump fuel back in combine tank. Keep running over and over filtering in transfer tank.
Should I do this for a couple of tank fulls. Then lower tank volume to say 50 gallons total and keep pumping with low fuel and let completely drain each time trying to get floating crud to go down drain?
Any other ideas while I am draining tank to get the tank really clean?
Thanks Brian

(drain fuel outlet (full).jpeg)

(tank screen (full).jpeg)

(transfer tank (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments drain fuel outlet (full).jpeg (157KB - 228 downloads)
Attachments tank screen (full).jpeg (75KB - 224 downloads)
Attachments transfer tank (full).jpeg (163KB - 245 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)