AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2003 mxm 140
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerard
Posted 11/13/2006 08:30 (#61064 - in reply to #61030)
Subject: Don't buy it.

Woodham, Ontario
2003 is a really bad year for those. That is the time when New Holland purchsed Case-IH and a very good product was assembled very poorly. We had a 2003 TM140 that we got rid of as soon as the warranty expired after 2000 hours and 2 years.

The basic problem is that after the companies merged, CNH started sourcing parts from whoever could provide the parts the cheapest. Some parts that were made by one company for NH for many years, were suddenly replaced by parts made by companies that used to supply Case-IH. The lack of experience caused some rediculous manufacturing mistakes suck as brackets that were just a little bit wrong and caused parts of the hood to crack multiple times before they caught on. These tractors have had a lot of recalls, lots of things have been replaced because they were faulty. They were also having major labour problems at the assembly plant and absolutely HORRIBLE quality control.

I would avoid a 2003 model. Currently we have a 2005 TM190 and we've had it for a year now and with 1400 hours it has been very good. none of the problems that plauged most early TM/MXMs. I think a new MXM should be just fine and a very nice tractor to work with but I don't think you'll be happy with a 2003.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)