AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Setting a bullet rotor combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kinzepower
Posted 10/26/2006 23:22 (#55564 - in reply to #55345)
Subject: Re: Setting a bullet rotor combine

SW Ontario
Well I don't put much stock in the loss moniter either. And yes...once I got the sample in the bin looking nice I do a power stall just to confirm losses. I did 5 stalls today alone, since the corn is yeilding high I end up waiting on trucks. Might as well feel like you are doing somthing while you wait, right?
One thing I found today, in 25% corn, 3500bu/hour is max. Just for chits and giggles, I wanted to see how much I could push the capacity. In 250+ DRY bu/acre I got up to 5.3mph with 8 rows, this was 3500bu/acre on the moniter. At this point I sut the key off and had a look-see. I lifted the chopper and was hardly able to see ANY kernals of corn behind the sieve, and all the cobs were clean. What I did find though was a trail of corn coming out of the fan. I assume that in these moistures, the clean grain system is not keeping up. What a crock of crap.
Any who, we are not set up to keep up to that amount of corn anyway so I slowed down to 4mph and relaxed all day at 25-2700 bu/hr.
Settings - 32 concave, 320 rotor rpm top sieve 19, bottom 10. I am tempted to open up the return elevator and let it dump on the ground as almost all the contents are fines and cob pieces.

Edited by kinzepower 10/26/2006 23:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)