AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Onion Harvest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Brian in E Ore
Posted 10/26/2006 01:02 (#55218 - in reply to #55183)
Subject: RE: Dutch & Pokey

Malheur County Oregon
The machine is a top air made just across the river from us over in Parma Id. This machine is an 8 row or 4 bed. The sickle is a single unit full width across the machine. It will load 13.5 ton on a truck in just under 5 min in good onions. Avg yeild in our area runs from 30 to a high of 50 ton per ac.
Onions are the sweet spanish type. Mostly Yellows with Reds and a few whites also. Lots of fresh pack for consumer use along with plenty going to processers for dicing,rings etc. Ever had a blooming onion at OutBack or Chillis? Probably out of our valley.
Most all are grown on a 40 or 44" bed depending on grower preferences with two double rows grown on each bed.
I got the picture thing figured out i think.These next photos are from the growing year I think about May or June with the cultivators and sidedressers
Ps Pokey havent I read that your located just off the sunset highway in hillsboro probably drove right by you on the way to the coast. How the hell do you handle all the traffic and people Ha Ha

Edited by Brian in E Ore 10/26/2006 01:18

(IMG_0590 (Medium).JPG)

(IMG_0587 (Medium).JPG)

(IMG_0643 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0590 (Medium).JPG (70KB - 175 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0587 (Medium).JPG (66KB - 168 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0643 (Small).JPG (79KB - 173 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)