AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Year ago today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dave7745
Posted 2/21/2019 21:30 (#7335924 - in reply to #7335834)
Subject: RE: Year ago today

Yes, I understand. Went thru cancer surgery to remove a spot on my gum. Had to go to bone to clear margins. The bone has to be covered, so they brought a part of my cheek to the inside to cover it. Now I have some hair growing in my mouth that needs trimming once in awhile. Been almost a year I live with a leaking cheek. the hair prevents complete healing. Plastic surgeon will redo the area and remove hair this year. It was an absolute mess. But I'm alive and cancer clear. Good friend was diagnosed with bladder cancer a few months back. I visit him and try to raise his spirits. We are not alone and there are lots of people that pray for you. 1995 I had 1/3 of my tongue out with a tumor. I'm won't say I'm and ole pro at it, for when the Grim Reaper knocks on your door. Can't prep for that
I think it's so important to discuss your feelings with others. You may not know the burdens they bare I always feel better when I talk to people. They are not afraid to ask me how I'm doing when I see them.
A lot of this comes as you age. Used to think the other guy always had all the misfortunes
Used to be it when my grandparents died...Man I have a long way to go
Then mon and dad died Wow that's close
Now I've in the position NO ones in front of me
We all go thru this. Just be thankful you are here and can talk about it
My son committed suicide at 17. He can never experience life as I did. I was looking thru his wallet today Would have been 52 and working for me. "If Only"
Mom always told me my life was not "A Dress Rehearsal"
She was right
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)