AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Budweiser Wind?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 2/4/2019 17:44 (#7296872 - in reply to #7296467)
Subject: RE: The deal is.....

southern MN
I enjoy the bit of fluff up both commercials caused. But with a smile and shrug.

What bothers me on the corn syrup personally is they picked on a product I help grow, and I don’t understand why. They made no real claims at all, other than they don’t use it and others do. I presume this will be part of a 3-4 month ad campaign and I will get to be reminded that they don’t like what I grow for that length of time. It will be a tiny bit of sand in the wound thing.

The wind commercial was at first a really nice traditional horse and Dalmatian shot, something I can enjoy and like all by itself. Then they had to put a political spin on it with the wind deal. Wind energy is a complex situation to me. I think it was a great idea as a 10-25% electrical supplimebt to our USA production. I have been all for that over the past decades. But the pendulum has swung, and the concept of all our power coming from wind, and that power is supposed real cheap and 100% clean has sprung forward. Nothing could be further from that thought. Locally there have been battles of a town trying to plant windmills out in farm fields and pay for 100x100 foot easement of ‘worthless’ farm ground and think they are in the right. If we try to get over, or. Ear, 50% windmill generation we have a -lot- of problems and inflation and rolling brownouts to face!

Then is often the case, Bud is getting a very small portion of actual electricity from the grid from some wind somewhere, and to promote that as if they are special about it, will that deserves some ridicule. It’s so easily a commercial about absolutely nothing but spraining their shoulder trying to pat themselves on the back......

Together, the two commercials never really mentioned their beer. Why should we buy their beer? Because it doesn’t have corn syrup? Because a few copper wires are routed one way or the other? Huh?

Tell me about your beer. What -is- in it, what makes the beer better?

Their message had no focus on their product.

And so it is very easy to distract from, or be offended, as they promoted pie in the sky. They did not promote any real feature of their real product.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)