AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Instead of superbowl. How many of us are heading to church to worship our Lord Jesus Christ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 2/4/2019 14:04 (#7296533 - in reply to #7293843)
Subject: RE: Instead of superbowl. How many of us are heading to church to worship our Lord Jesus Christ?

SWOH
I'm not sure there's a church in this area that has a Sunday evening service. I know of one that still does a Wednesday evening service. I know of a few churches in the area that actually have a Super Bowl "party" at the church. I see what you were getting at but I think you threw some of us for a loop, a lot of us usually have church services Sunday morning and that's it.

We had a pastor several years ago...older guy, but he was a car nut. He usually preached a little longer than the service was supposed to last, maybe 15 or 20 minutes past noon. We were sitting in church on the Sunday before Memorial Day one year and at about 11:45 he concluded his sermon and said "I know there's a big car race today (Indy 500) so we're going to wrap this up a little early this week." I didn't see anything wrong with that. Not sure how many race fans were in attendance other than me and him, and this was before dvr's, but I'm sure somebody would've thrown a fit if something like that happened today. At the time nobody in the congregation minded and even got a chuckle out of it because they all knew the pastor didn't want to miss the start of the race.

I worship our Lord everyday of the week. I don't worship football. I did halfways attempt to watch a football game last night. If I was worshipping Bill Belichek I could maybe see the issue. I do not and did not, however...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)