AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Only in MN.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Buck S
Posted 1/28/2019 18:49 (#7279772 - in reply to #7279132)
Subject: RE: Only in MN.

McLeod County, MN
East of Leech Lake about 15 miles. Nearest "town" is Boy River, but all that consist of is a bar and some meth labs. We usually go to Grand Rapids or Remer when we need something.

I havent shot a deer since 2012. I had a nice 10 point and 6 does sprint in on me one morning rifle hunting last fall during some nasty rain/snow/wind. I had the gun between my legs and the dominant doe was 25 yards away locked on, starring and wheezing me. I couldnt get my gun on him until he was 60+ yards away in heavy cover. One of the coolest things I ever saw. I mistakenly took a prayer of a shot (buck fever). In hindsight I wish I would have waited cause they probably would have flanked around me and given me a better shot. They wheezed and knew I was there, but I didnt move a muscle so they never busted out. I didnt want to take the chance that he was gonna stroll to the neighbors though cause I was close to the line. That stand is maybe only 100 yards from the neighbors, and they love to sit on the line.

I also found the nastiest RUB I have ever seen down the road a few miles a couple days after the season closed on some public land. I would sure love to see the deer that made that sucker. It went all the way around the tree. Got a couple new cameras coming in the mail. Hope he is still around next year. I know he didnt get shot during the season or I would have heard about it. Overall hunting has been poor by us. Just too damn many wolves (pick attached from early Dec). Lots of bad reports, especially east and north of us.

And hopefully next year I get a bear tag. Think I have 4 preference points. I found a 1 year old clear cut next to about 500+ acres that I would assume will be corn next year. Swamps and oaks nearby as well.

(IMG_3585 (full).JPG)

(IMG_3593 (full).JPG)

(MFDC0037 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_3585 (full).JPG (105KB - 46 downloads)
Attachments IMG_3593 (full).JPG (268KB - 44 downloads)
Attachments MFDC0037 (full).JPG (165KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)