AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Postage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dual wheels
Posted 1/19/2019 08:00 (#7255471 - in reply to #7255140)
Subject: RE: Postage

West Central Ohio,Shelby County
coup - 1/18/2019 22:48

dual wheels - 1/18/2019 20:36

coup - 1/18/2019 19:23

Sheep Herder - 1/18/2019 18:11

And make sure all the carriers have enough in their possession on the last Saturday before they go up.   I remember one time we had a sub that wouldn't carry many stamps and of course she got lots of checks for stamps.   Monday morning the checks were laying there, the stamp orders unfilled, and computer wouldn't let the clerk sell at the old rate.   Quite the argument over who was going to get stuck for the increase.   Can't remember who won either.

Stamp prices wouldn't even be going up if the idiots in congress back in 2004 hadn't pushed through that requirement prefunding our pensions for the next 75 years.    Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Whats even dumber is Government being in the pension business in the first place.

It's more for Health care than Retirement pensions. We contribute to our own Retirement pension.

So health care cost for post office has went by 10% of gross first mail revenue?

I'm kind of surprised that stamps are going up. With gas/diesel so low,but with the small amount of 1st Class letters we deliver,;people paying online,5 cents is a big jump. I tell people I pick up more 1st Class letters than I deliver. All those Amazon packages keeps us busy. Post Office has to Pre Pay 4-5 Billion/year for future Health care for employees, which is nutty and the only place to do this. If not for that,it would show a profit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)