AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pan handlers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 1/19/2019 06:26 (#7255314 - in reply to #7254223)
Subject: RE: Pan handlers

SW OH
We had a big job on I75 a few years ago. Every morning i noticed a guy with a sign at a big interchange about being a veteran, no job, no food, etc. After a few months of seeing him almost daily I watched him walk down the road a ways to an abandoned lot and get in a car and drive away. The next time I saw him I drove over to the car. It was a very nice BMW. For there rest of the summer every time I saw him the BMW was in that lot.

Came out of a restaurant once and ran into a young couple with a bogus story about her mom was in the hospital, they were from another county, been up for 2 days, no money, the days inn would let them stay if they could come up with 12 more dollars, blah, blah, blah. My GF gave them $20 before I could blink. I thought about it and said, wait a minute, there's not a days inn within 30 miles of here nor is there a hospital. Looked around for them and they were gone. I wanted to see if the county sticker on their car was from where they said they were from which was closer than the nearest days inn. Told a friend at work this story, he asked what they looked like. He laughed at me. They got him with the same story the weekend before at a restaurant 20 miles from mine. He was smarter than my GF.

I don't give handouts.

Mitchco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)