AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying a new truck tomorrow, write off next year?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 12/28/2018 22:19 (#7203249 - in reply to #7203114)
Subject: RE: Buying a new truck tomorrow, write off next year?

Aggieland
farmdude - 12/28/2018 21:11

Nosy me.What are you buying?

Nothing if my wife finds out! Lol

I bought a 2017 F150 Ecoboost about three months ago used with 20,000 miles on it. It’s a nice truck but two things stick out that I do not like at all. #1 the seat does not adjust enough to help support my back and I hurt after sitting in it for more than a half hour. Granted it’s a base model STX and I know ford has more comfortable options in other packages. #2 the engine blows blue smoke at start up and will rough idle on occasion. There’s a service bulletin that requires a new long block or new heads for the 2017 but my truck is 60 days out of the date range.
Number 2 is the big issue to me. I can buy a new seat from a salvage truck or have mine redone no big deal. I took the truck in to Ford and they said the smoke was normal, I called their bluff with 5 different videos of it happening and the shop manager then decided he wanted to keep the truck longer. I declined because I needed it that day and then it’s been holiday season. He thinks it could be a turbo seal but I don’t know why it would only blow blue at start up if it was a turbo seal, I’d expect it to get worse as the oil heated up etc. I think I’ve got bad heads like the bulletin supposedly addressed. My biggest fear is the last new Ford I owned is coming back to haunt me......the 6.0....all over again! I can’t afford to have a truck in the shop. I own a service company and I’ve got to have wheels.
So my old duramax that is my current service truck and I’ve spent more money than you can shake a stick at will go to my new employee in February and I am thinking of buying a Nissan Titan XD. We’ve got a good dealer here (locally owned, unlike the others) and I’ve owned a Nissan Maxima and a Nissan Frontier before and they were both exceptional vehicles. I’ve only put 5,000 miles on the Ford and if I can dump it without losing too much. The truck has a 60,000 mile Powertrain warranty but I’m just worried I bought a truck that will live in the shop.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)