AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another headlight post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hillrunner
Posted 11/17/2018 11:37 (#7110855 - in reply to #7109996)
Subject: RE: Another headlight post

havin'funfarming - 11/16/2018 19:23

Those posts below got me thinking while I was driving today. I put LED headlights in my semi last winter and as was driving home tonight several people flashed their lights at me. I was on dims the whole drive and they must be set fairly reasonable as nobody I work with has ever said anything and they would let me know.

I got thinking about what people do when they suspect a person is on brights. Some people will give a quick flash and go back to dim. To me I think they are just trying to give a friendly reminder. Some will go back to brights while quite far away and leave them on unless you decide to prove to them they guessed wrong. Some will put their brights on just before we meet. That seems like they want to say a quick f$&@ you on the way by.

I almost never put my brights on no matter what they do. If I suspect an oncoming vehicle has their brights on at most I will give a very quick flash but I hardly ever even do that. I usually just put up with it. I figure it’s safer if at least one of us can see and the worst thing I could do would be to blind the other person too.

What do you do if you suspect the oncoming vehicle is on brights? What do you do if you are the one on dims and someone does as said above?

Lol, Ive basically done everything you described above and you are pretty much spot on with your description. As I get older I find that I'm much more likely to just squint my eyes and grumble about the moron as I pass by. With that said, I've forgotten many times myself over the years and don't mind in the least if they give me a flash of the lights to remind me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)