AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

in Germany, have a few questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

The Pretender
Posted 11/14/2018 17:13 (#7105640 - in reply to #7105565)
Subject: RE: in Germany, have a few questions.

The Internet

jec - 11/14/2018 22:20 Currently in the central part of the country. I have loved seeing the countryside, its beautiful. Couple questions: 1. most of the wheat (assuming its wheat) has tracks that aren't planted I assume for the sprayer, how do they skip those rows? The drills look to be fairly small, so not sure if it is a manual thing or if they have clutches for this and somehow programmed into the gps map.

Countryman explained tramlines. In the UK it's mostly 24 and 36 meter tramlines. I use a 6 metre drill, which is a fairly common size around here so tramline on the 4th pass. It closes the hose from the metering unit to leave the tramlines. You always go down the same track for spraying and spreading fertiliser so you keep the compaction in the same place and once you put the narrow wheels on in the spring no crop will be run on at all. We may go through the crop 7 times with the sprayer and 4 times with the fertiliser spreader.

This year I had to drill a couple of fields at 30 degrees to the tramlines, then put the wheel marks in with the GPS on the tractor so we knwo where to drive the sprayer.

I like Germany, good food, good beer, everything is tidy and works. I'm sure it has its issues if you live there, but it is a lovely place to visit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)