AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rent land? Do you shop around for inputs? Should you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Abomb
Posted 11/7/2018 19:58 (#7091572 - in reply to #7090279)
Subject: RE: Rent land? Do you shop around for inputs? Should you?

5 Head - 11/7/2018 07:20

Local Coop use to own my propane tanks. Changed $100 a year rent and were 10 cents a gallon higher.

Now own my own tanks. Shop propane every year. Coop I get it threw now is 10 cents less and buys it from the old coop.

Lots of people rent tanks from the old coop. I just don’t get it. Great ROI owning your old tank.

Yes I shop around, but most of the time the same people are the cheapest. I do business with those guys.

That sucks. My tank rent was $40 the first year. I don’t know if I even get charged rent since then, if I do it’s only a couple bucks. He’s also priced right and does full service from furnace/ac in the house to hog barn heaters and grain dryers.

Now on the flip side I was driving past one elevator all day to go to the next. The one I was going to has better bids and no lines. Off the property in 15 minutes or less. People sit in line at the other elevator for hours for the crappy bids, then the guy that owns it turns around and buys and rents farm ground. ???? Why would I sit in line for 2 hours for a crappy bid to support the guy that is going to compete with me? I just don’t get it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)