AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minnesota deer hunting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 11/4/2018 21:56 (#7085186 - in reply to #7084893)
Subject: RE: Minnesota deer hunting

Amherst WI
About the same experience here too.

I quit shortly after HS after two times my idiot friends who had permission, didn’t.

We are getting over run with deer again. If you shoot anying other than a huge buck you get ostrisized from the deer management crowd. If you did shoot that huge buck, that was someone else’s. But nobody wants to put any money in the kitty for “their” deer eating my crops all summer.

Then you have the general asshat behavior. Feuds that last generations because someone was 6” over a property line.

A few years ago during one of our harvests from hell one of my landlords had rented the farm out to hunters. I got to take calls every other day when I was going to get my corn off from these idiots. It was cold, we had at least 6” of snow and we were still shelling corn.

One of these idiots parked his van right in the driveway to the field we were harvesting. We couldn’t get a semi in because he was there. I called him to see if he’d move it. Wouldn’t do it, couldn’t leave the stand. So we loaded on the bottom of an icy hill until he left mid afternoon. If I had a chain he would have found his van in the middle of that 80.

Blood still shoots out of my eyes as I relive that. We had 25% corn, wasn’t yielding what we hoped, corn was under the cost of production, nothing would start because it was in the single digits, then when it did start you found out what was froze up on the combine and this dude decided to be the cherry on top of the turd sandwich, all for a ******* deer.

Men turn into women during deer season, no other way to explain it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)