AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This old truck could tell a story for every mile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

alfalfa338
Posted 10/24/2018 20:59 (#7063371)
Subject: This old truck could tell a story for every mile

west central ohio
Pulled into the elevator this morning and seen this truck. That brought back a lot of memories.

It's a "class of 72" and a old Jim bought her new I believe. When I was a 18 I worked at a co-op and old Jim would haul 28% in all summer long and I would get to listen to the stories for a half hour while he pumped off. Old Jim was one of a kind a true trucker that would haul anything any where back in the day. Wide load, heavy, refers out of the south you name it he did it. And farmed also.... started with horse bought a JD R if I remember right and ended with a 8120 track tractor. From one extreme to the other and buying ground along the way. I learned a lot from old Jim just listing to stories and thinking what all he had seen and done with grit and hard work. He called all of us young guys "son" with a big old stoggie in the coner of his mouth.

He passed away a few years ago and the ol KW had not ran right for several yesrs. I had aheard a some what local guy had bought it and his hopper. He got her running good and I was glad to see the "class of 72" live on!!!!!!! Talked to the owner a bit and said she is the same old truck but the flask of "starting fluid" under the seat is no longer there. He always said he was going to be buried in the KW and asked if we would come buy and slide him a few beers down the pipes...

Sure wish I would have taken him up on his offer to come over and have beer under his apple tree

(IMG_20181024_122437767 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20181024_122437767 (full).jpg (79KB - 319 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)