AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Plow day - 10/21/18 - Clifton IL....photos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/22/2018 20:21 (#7060004 - in reply to #7058972)
Subject: RE: Plow day - 10/21/18 - Clifton IL....photos

Chebanse, IL.....

Thanks Dan.

You can't tell it in the photo, but the carb on the 400 was causing trouble. I thought the float was stuck. When under a heavy pull, it ran OK, but anything less & it really loaded up.

Brother pulled the bowl off today & found the hinge pin on the float had moved out of the hinges & the float was just dangling, doing nothing. It'll run 100% next Saturday for our next plow day. Schedule is pretty full for a few weeks. The "piggy-back" is hard to transport. I drove it to yesterday's plow day....only  a few miles down the road. Same with next week. After that we'll probably go to single tractor/plows. JD4020 & 4 btm, IH 450 & 3 btm, IH 1206 & 5 btm. Semi mount plows are hard to back off a trailer. Usually plow days have a loader or big forklift tractor to pick up the tail wheel & help off the trailers. Pull type plows usually get plucked off the trailer by loaders.

Come on down Dan! Relive some old memories. It's fun. I still think back a few years when I felt plowing was gone & my son would never know of it. But, he gets to enjoy plowing as much as anyone these days. 

Yup, we used to plow everything. Corn ground, bean stubble & wheat stubble. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)