AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Misleading info on Accuweather
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 10/10/2018 11:00 (#7037976)
Subject: Misleading info on Accuweather

Manitoba, Canada
I noticed a headline that drew my interest on the Accuweather site this morning about supposed weather facts called “did you know” so I checked them out.

The last one stated “ Due to climate change, farmers resort to using cheap chemicals to earn more money, even though long-term use of these chemicals can destroy their soil.”

I wonder if the author would like to pay my chemical bill. I’ve never found it cheap but apparently it is.

I also didn’t know that I was using these chemicals because of climate change. I was always led to believe I was using them for weed and disease control in my crops. It’s nice to finally know the truth.

I also didn’t know that they are going to destroy my soil. I always knew that there is a possibility that there might be unintended detrimental side effects but I didn’t know that they would actually destroy my soil. Now I have to go to sleep at night wondering if I will wake up one day and discover that my soil was destroyed.

When weather forecasters print crap like that it is no wonder the public is developing a negative opinion of farmers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)