AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Fence Line Feed Bunk Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

J.Rabbit
Posted 8/6/2018 22:07 (#6915522 - in reply to #6914310)
Subject: RE: New Fence Line Feed Bunk Questions

Thanks for all the replies I think I'll go with the north south layout as it fits my yard best. Since the 1950's cattle on this farm have been fed out of an upright silo that Grandpa built, filled it for 60 plus years. I figured since I turn 50 this summer it's time to upgrade my cattle feeding method as i was getting tired messing with the silo, made a pile and bought a good used mixer wagon. Before the first of the year the local CO-op ran a special on Common Sense feed bunks so I bought a few fence line bunks. Fed all winter in the feedlot with pan bunks on dirt, which worked good until the frost came out, and the spring blizzards hit and I started getting stuck all the time, LOL. So I took my fence line bunks some hot wire and made a temporary extension on to the feedlot to get me through the March April muddy season(see pics below). April blizzards turned into constant May rain than heavy June rain, needless to say my "temporary feedlot" got used a lot longer than I planned. The side the cattle stand on is deep and muddy, the driveway side is all rutted up, and the bunks aren't as nice and straight as they once were, and it's the 6th of August and I'm still battling muddy conditions. LOL such is life in South Dakota when your battling one of the wettest years on record.

(0328181049c (full).jpg)

(0328181053 (2) (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0328181049c (full).jpg (166KB - 53 downloads)
Attachments 0328181053 (2) (full).jpg (116KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)