AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some help, what are your breakevens for this year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

wesslmnn
Posted 7/13/2018 11:54 (#6867599 - in reply to #6867193)
Subject: RE: Need some help, what are your breakevens for this year

Southern Illinois
I take everything with a massive grain of salt that is being stated because no one is indicating whether these numbers are for owned, rented, shares, etc. I doubt I have the same breakeven cost for any single field as there are 50 variables that need defined and none are exactly the same (some are very close) but I know exactly what my total cost/acre production is for every farm to within 1%-2%. I crunched my numbers on a cash rent farm and they come out to $3.75 for corn and another cash rent farm that is in soybeans came out to $9.69. If you would assume I can take the rent out b/c I own the land, those numbers drop to $2.37 and $5.33 respectively but those numbers lie (and consequently so do I) b/c even if I did own it, there is an opportunity cost for what I could be renting it out for with no expense (sans taxes and I don't live in Nebraska).

Also, I feel as my record keeping for cost of production is as detailed as you can get and adjusts up until the point all of a years grain is sold. How many guys are saying "I know my cost of production is X.XX" because that's what I say it is..."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)