AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Day of Hope
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

duncan
Posted 7/6/2018 21:37 (#6854684)
Subject: The Day of Hope

central Iowa

As a corn, soybean and beef producer, Friday was a day of hope. Hope because corn and soybeans rallied. Hope because cash slaughter cattle rallied substantially. But Friday's Day of Hope was special because my daughter and husband and 2 grandsons, my son and I got to hear the Sound of Hope when my wife rang the Bell of Hope at the Charlton Building, Subway Level, Desk R at Rochester, MN.

The first picture is the bell on the wall at Desk R. The inscription states: "For generations, the ringing of bells has played a significant role in the history and culture of Mayo Clinic. From the carillon atop the Plummer Building to the bell at Mayowood, the Mayo Family's country home, the sound symbolizes our unique sense of community and dedication to the value of respect, compassion, and healing-the sound of hope. Ringing this bell signifies the completion of your course of treatment and share the sound of hope with others on the journey. We invite you to join this honored tradition."

The second picture are people who stayed with my wife (in yellow top) at Hope Lodge. They were there for treatment and supported each other.

Just as the people in Hope Lodge helped each other, we as farmers, need to support each other in good times and bad.

(Bell of Hope (full).jpg)

(Hope Lodge (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bell of Hope (full).jpg (18KB - 102 downloads)
Attachments Hope Lodge (full).jpg (21KB - 95 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)