AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Maybe they don't make a killing on some soda machines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 6/7/2018 22:01 (#6800121)
Subject: Maybe they don't make a killing on some soda machines

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona

We ate supper at Firehouse Subs tonight and when we went to get our soft drinks which you get your own the machine said the Orange drink was unavailable so we just got something else instead. This is one of those soft drink machines where you punch in from a wide selection of flavors on a touchpad. When the manager came around and asked us how everything was I said great and I jokingly said we were disappointed they had no orange drink available. She quickly apologized and said she'd refill the machine and said she'd bring us an orange drink. I just laughed and said no she didn't need to do that but did thank her for her offer however.

She promptly went to the machine and had a new employee come over & showed her how to refill the machine. I was watching her show her and was amazed at how complicated the interior of the machine was. When she was done I said to the manger that looks like an expensive machine. She pointed at the machine with both hands and said that machine alone cost $285,000.00, I asked her how much and she repeated $285,000.00. She pointed to a sign on the machine and said you see here its made by Ferrari. She also said just to have a service tech to come and work on it cost a minimum of $500 for every time they come to work on it.

And here I thought they made a killing on soft drinks, that kind of changed my mind on that type of machine. It'd take a lot of soda drinks just to breakeven on that machine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)