AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MCAT scores
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

forwardperson
Posted 6/7/2018 21:21 (#6800040 - in reply to #6799968)
Subject: RE: MCAT scores

NW Iowa
Congratulations to you both! We have a daughter who just finished up med school. It is a journey! Our daughter, as is yours no doubt and most med school students, a high achiever. She graduated in the top ten of her med school class of 160 and will be starting a residency in Dermatology this month in Springfield Illinois.
Ask us at the end of her lifetime if it was a good choice. Doctors basically sacrifice their twenties to become Doctors. They study and they study, they make no money, they accumulate debt, and it's hard to have much of a family life because of it. Most of the time marriage and children are forgone until those years are past. There's a high rate of suicide and mental illness among med students. The pressures are extreme, don't forget as a lot this group typically put a lot of pressure on themselves. They will get to spend the balance of a lifetime reaping reasonably well or better for the sacrifices they have made. Realistically they are 30 years of age before this season begins however.
I'm proud and happy for my daughter and what she has done, God has blessed us well!
You can be joyful and proud for your daughter my friend! Support and encourage her in any way possible, the first two years are the worst. After that it gets better! Sounds like you raised her well dad!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)