AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm fatality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 5/25/2018 21:15 (#6778576 - in reply to #6777792)
Subject: RE: Farm fatality

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
WJKEIGER - 5/25/2018 08:45

Learned yesterday afternoon that a man a few miles from me died in a farm equipment related incident. I was told man was thought to be around 70 years of age . He was using a tractor , probably 40'ish hp and no doubt without cab, fell off the tractor and went under the 3 point mounted rotary cutter ( bush hogs around here ) that tractor was pulling . I and guy who told me , both believe man must have had heart attack, stroke or seizure to cause fall from tractor. It would have been merciful for him and his family for him to have been dead before he went off the tractor. Rescue people looked for and picked up body parts.

A good reason for a ROPS and seat belt on any open station tractor.
Years ago in the northern part of my state, a guy was mowing a ditch with an open station tractor and sickle bar mower. He hit a washed out culvert hole which pitched him off the tractor, right in front of the mower bar. He tried to scuttle out of the mowers way, but it caught him, cutting off 3 of his 4 hands / feet. To me that's almost worse than going under the rotary mower.

Edited by Jon Hagen 5/25/2018 22:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)