AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Credit Card Offers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2018 07:44 (#6777725)
Subject: New Credit Card Offers

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I get offers for new Credit Cards fairly often. Many times these come with an offer of "Rewards" for using them for a certain amount within the first few months. I've done this three times and have always received the advertised Rewards for using them. Sometimes this has been just prior to a trip where I charge rooms, food, gas etc to the new card which easily meets the requirements.

I just got another one this week with the Reward of $150 if I use the card for $500 in the first 3 months. This has really worked out quite well for me as I always pay off the Credit Card in full each statement.

I'm curious as to why the same company keeps sending me new cards so often. Since I'm already with them, it's not like they are gaining a new customer. I merely quit using the present card and start using the new one to meet the requirements. Since there is no annual fee on the other cards, the "old" ones don't cost me anything.

Is there some danger that I'm not aware of? I applied for the latest new one online this morning. This was from Capital One who I already have other cards with. They sent me a warning that some company had inquired about my credit score. The company was themselves.

I guess applying for too many Credit Cards can reflect poorly on one's credit score but this is not a concern in my situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)