AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Future of (country) music
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 5/23/2018 08:26 (#6774704 - in reply to #6774487)
Subject: RE: Future of (country) music

SWOH
CCR was considered country when I was in high school in the mid 90's. I was at a friend's house one day in the mid 90's and we were shooting some pool and he told me to pick out a CD to listen to. There was Rush and QueensRyche and Nirvana and stuff like that and then his parents had some CCR but no country so I picked CCR. He gave me all kinds of crap for picking the most country CD they had. I'd say even some Rolling Stone's songs would be considered country now.

The future of country music is the past for me. I like Chris Stapleton and some Eric Church but I don't consider that country. Jamey Johnson was pretty good and my favorites by him are his remakes of some old stuff, like "Set'em Up Joe". I'm sure somebody enjoys the new country music and that's great but it's not my taste. I listen to all kinds of music regardless of what genre it is, if I like it I listen to it. I don't like any of the new country stuff. I think eventually it'll turn back the other way and be more country sounding but then more than likely the old guys like me won't like it either because it won't be the same as it used to be.

The benefit of media now is you don't have to be on the radio to be heard, there are plenty of talented young artists that still play what I consider to be country music and it's easy to download. They just aren't on the radio or tv and don't have a lot of promotional backing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)