AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pond drainage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

4850nbrofarm
Posted 5/9/2018 06:46 (#6751206)
Subject: pond drainage

Waterloo, IL
There was a pond built 2-3 years ago just north of my property. They built it in a valley that had a ditch running through it. They built a dam on the property line to build the lake. I am on the downside of the lake. Since they have built this pond, I am having about a half acre or so of un-farmable ground. It is like a swamp and it slowing keeps growing. I had my ground pattern tiled over the winter and the area has shrunk, but it is still very wet. I had the tile guy say that the water is most likely coming from pond since I have never had this prior to the pond being built. Before I call the pond owner, I would like to just get some information or other peoples experience with this. Can a pond do this? Who should have to pay for the swamp to go away? Do I get IDNR involved or Army Corps? Any information will be great. I plan on calling the landowner later today and see what he says. I added a picture. You can see where the lake is and where the swamp is. This all drains to a larger ditch.Thanks.

Edited by 4850nbrofarm 5/9/2018 06:58

(swamp pic (full).PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments swamp pic (full).PNG (186KB - 73 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)