AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

looking for feedback on option fill discrepency (spread)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 5/9/2018 10:11 (#6751556 - in reply to #6751531)
Subject: RE: looking for feedback on option fill discrepency (spread)

honest abe - 5/9/2018 09:44

I answered the offer and got filled and verbally confirmed, correct on the tapes, no dispute there. but when my paper work arrived it contained the wrong short strike position in which was never discussed. so its like there was a forgotton order and I snatched it, but then it was taken away.

why call with confirmation and it means nothing........ confirmation to me means confirmed, not maybe or maybe not.

Again, I am a little confused. But am I correct in thinking you got a fill on a strike 3 strikes below of where your order should have been, but paid the price for the where your order should have been? It was confirmed verbally, but then taken away? If so, it could have been as simple as a wrong key pushed on the floor on entering the fill. If you should have got filled at your right order and didn't, and still aren't that's one problem. But if you are complaining about an order that wasn't really there, then you have no complaint. There was an error someplace, the clearing system caught it, that's why the trade was taken away. It likely never happened in the first place. There are computer systems that are dedicated to searching out orders that can be arbitraged, and it's pretty unlikely you snatched an order that a computer missed.

Good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)