AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just for the record...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

random_farmhick
Posted 5/6/2018 10:26 (#6747147 - in reply to #6746419)
Subject: RE: Just for the record...

Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Have had stuff like that happen to me. There is a bridge over a river that a long ways on each side is guardrail on both sides of the road, with 6 row planter or combine there would be enough room for a motorcycle but nothing bigger. Usually people stop or I stop before. Well one time I was in combine with my wife following me with grain head on the cart. There were 5 or 6 cars coming at me and they all pull off before the guardrail so I had room to get through, I was halfway through the bridge and a guy in IIRC a BMW comes up behind the others, stops, then proceeds to go around them all and starts driving up to me. I know there isn't enough room for us so I stop because there is no way I'm backing up, and no way in heck my wife is going to back up the header wagon 400 feet. He stops, gets out and starts yelling at me get get off the road using not so nice words. One of the other guys who stopped got out of his car and started laying into him. I wish I could have heard what he said but the guy in the BMW got in his car, turned around quick and got the heck outta there. So instead of him being inconvenienced for 30 seconds more at most, he made everyone wait 5 minutes. Thats the only time I've ever had a major problem with traffic other than turning left when I can't see behind me. Most people are courteous, but its that one that gives everyone a bad name.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)