AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems right under your nose
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

crb
Posted 10/5/2006 08:23 (#48888)
Subject: Problems right under your nose

Huntington, IN
Sometimes it doesn't take much to over look an obvious problem. We have been having trouble with our greenstar yield monitor recording the correct bushels in soybeans. It seemed that no matter what I did, it wouldn't get off 23-25 and the beans were easily over 50. We had the same problem in wheat this summer so I assumed there was trouble with the sensors. After spending an hour reading the book and finding all the remedies I headed back to the combine to fix the problem. While looking through the menu on the monitor, I discovered for some reason the unit of measure got switched to Barrels. Now, I am not sure what is measured in Barrels or how it got switched but changing to bushels sure fixed the problem. It's amazing how one can look way to far into something when the fix is so easy. BTW, the monitor looks a lot better reading 65 bushels instead of 24 barrels. It could be a good trick to play on someone sometime though because the info is quickly converted. Kind of like changing from mph to kph.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)