AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

He’s off to the Navy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kenabcd
Posted 4/27/2018 19:27 (#6733555 - in reply to #6732626)
Subject: RE: He’s off to the Navy

Cokato MN
Junior has been sorted as one of the best to have received the appointment. He will be sorted many more times before he finds his calling, Line officer, pilot, astronaut, something else?

It is a big, big, brave step, with unlimited potential, driven by his ranking among his peers and ability to learn, adapt and complete tasks. He will be measured daily!

There may be no better preparation for the upcoming trials Junior will have than to have been raised on a farm. Long days, back breaking tasks, the need to attain goals and never give up no matter how futile the chore seems. Dad says the bin needs to be shoveled, shovel it.

The ability to keep pushing and driving towards a goal is what makes it happen.

I did some time in the Navy, my MOS was one of the most difficult there is, I was just ignorant enough (fresh off the farm) not to realize the kicking I was getting was beyond what most could endure. As long as anyone could do it, I did also.

I feel sorry for the city kids that go up against him, if he decides he wants it!

Be very proud, support him, but you will have to let him go, to find his destiny. It will convert him into a warrior. The Naval academy isn't a place for dwelling on family issues. He would not be there without your guidance.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)