AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new versus old tractors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDman5055
Posted 10/4/2006 18:58 (#48738)
Subject: new versus old tractors?

Hey everyone..me and some buddies were talking about this the other day..on how it seems the older tractors are just more reliable then the newer ones..one buddy has a newer mx 240 which he has had nothing but trouble with..and another buddy has a Deere 8320 which has had a fair amount of trouble too,with just about 900 hours on it..I don't understand why the newer machines can't be as reliable..with time,your supposed to improve things..but it seems that all of the manufacturer's are going backwards these days..and it's hard to say..cuz i'm a die-hard Deere man..I personally think it's because they don't take enough time to test the machines out before they release them anymore..it seems there's a new series every two years..I can't afford anything new..so I don't have much experience with them (my newest tractor is a Deere 4955)..but I do know that I never had any real trouble with my new 4440..4450..4455..etc..in my opinion,they should start making these again..rock-solid machines..and alot cheaper to run and own..well..i've said enough..lol..any comments about this would be appreciated,take care everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)