AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Still not trying to kill the crop part 3 or 4, I don't remember
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 4/22/2018 12:07 (#6724551 - in reply to #6722516)
Subject: RE: killing the crop, it’s a phrase I hate!

North Central Illinois
I understand your point about folks under stress. The problem is this is a marketing forum. It is SUPPOSED to be a place for folks to discuss markets and the factors or circumstances that could affect our ability to market our crops. I have no issue when someone gives an accurate assessment of their crop be it terrible or fantastic. Unfortunately this forum sometimes only welcomes those who claim to have poor crops. This tends to distort the actual condition of the crop on a national scale. If someone who didn't farm stopped by here in June or July they would think that the country won't raise a crop and we will run out of everything tomorrow. That is how one sided it gets around here from time to time. I'm not trying to take anything away from those who are suffering. We've all been there but there are a few people on this board who are always claiming that the crop is worse than the USDA or whoever is claiming. Whether it is intentional or not it is deceiving and doesn't serve a marketing board well. If someone is depressed and want s to blow off steam one of the other forums like the café might be a better place to vent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)