AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The whales know!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 10/2/2017 13:04 (#6283009 - in reply to #6283001)
Subject: RE: The whales know!

CIL
djsmith - 10/2/2017 12:58

I spent 29 years trading on the floor of the CME. 9 of those years I was a Discretionary Broker for Richard Dennis (C&D Commodities). I can tell you first hand that Richard, who is considered to be one of the greatest traders is his day was wrong 85% of the time. The reason that Rich was so successful was the fact he had the upmost discipline. When he was wrong he got out, he cut his loses and let the winners run. Which brings me to my point. I am a constant reader and occasional poster on this site. The most important and least discussed factor on being a good marketer or trader is discipline. Its great to have a plan in place and areas to sell your production when the market rally's but what is your plan if the market rally fails. Do you have one? Blaming the Whales may make you feel better but that doesn't solve the problem. I feel that every producer should evaluate there marketing plan and how they executed it every year. Rate yourself on your performance and how you implemented it. Execution is the key. Create a plan for when markets south even if you don't need it. There is a reason there are more than 1 fire exit in a movie theater!!!

Best post on here for quite a while.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)